• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simulate 4x4 vehicle's suspension travel & traction

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Please see the video and tell me how this can be improved, preferrably not through frame-by-frame animation. I'm pretty new at AfterEffects, but quite experienced with Illustrator. Any helpful tips will be appreciated.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The wheels rotate way too fast in the first place. You need to start over. Otherwise there's really no good way to automate this. Sure, one could write a ton of expressions, but for such a simple piece with so little actual movement that's just not worth it, even more so since there would still be limitations. Otherwise you can of course just shell out the cash and buy Newton, but if you haven't even properly learned AE yet, learning a complex physics plug-in on top doesn't strike me as a good strategy, either. Just keep trying. these things don't come easy and we all had to learn animation timing and all that through endless practice. There's really no textbook approach to it.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines