• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slide up Text Effect

New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, can someone please help me create this effect?

Comp 1.gif

I have a text layer with markers containing the individual words. These markers are synced to words of a voiceover and when a word is said, the word slightly slides up.

  

untitled.JPG

Thanks.

TOPICS
Expressions , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have time to write the expression right now, but I will tell you what it needs to do.

Currently, all the expression does is type a new word whenever it comes to a marker.

When you need a new line, the next Marker must have a carriage return before the text.

Then you need to write an interpolation expression that checks the time of the marker, subtracts a starting value for a move, then moves the text up every time a marker is found. This should give you the new word move-up action.

To get the whole line to move up when a new line starts, you might need to reference Anchor Point or Position to sourceRectAtTime(height).

I'll have to check my resources. I think I have an animation preset that I created that has most of the required code. My friend Dan Ebberts can probably write the expression without even opening AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the expression you have should work. You just need to set up a paragraph text layer sized horizontally to give you line breaks at the appropriate place. Animate the text position to move up slowly, and the source text expression should take care of the rest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What's wrong with simply using text animators? You're making this way too complicated.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines