• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slideshows

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m wondering if there’s a way to create a slideshow in after effects with forward and reverse buttons. In other words, once you export the composition as a .mov, you can control the playing of the slideshow with buttons that allow you to navigate forward or backward through the slideshow by pressing buttons the person viewing the gallery would control how long they see each slide with the buttons (which may be driven by code?)

TOPICS
Expressions , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE is not an interactive authoring app and nor a slideshow tool. If at all, you'd use Animate, but quite generally this is one of those "Why even bother?" things. There's a gigazillion free slideshow generators out there from image converters creating bundled packages with their software as players or animated GIFs to web sites creating such stuff just by uploading your images into a premade JavaScript applet to e.g. a video player like VLC also loading images and being able to do a slideshow to of course things like using PowerPoint. AE would seriously be the last tool on my mind unless the slideshow needs to have fancy animation in some form that goes beyond simple fades and wipes that can be calculated on the fly as the other tools do.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I’m no pro at after effects. But I need to deliver a ready to go
manual .mov slideshow that clients can upload to their various webpages,
all with different servers, etc. once the clients post it on their website,
visitors can scroll through the gallery by pushing buttons. Actionscripting
used to do this for flash. Is there a way to do this with after effects or
just buy a template that does this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Might be worth checking out Adobe's Behance - I don't know much about it admittedly, but it seems to offer slideshow hosting for your work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Echoing Mylenium - AE is great for making cool content, lacks any way to create interactive content like this. You'll need to look at other apps for the capabilities you're asking for. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines