• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow preview when multi frame render is turn on. On M1 Max

New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone has the same problem the preview on after effect is slower down when multi frame render is turn on? Isn't the multi frame render should help improve the speed of render and preview? 

TOPICS
Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi user8512752,

Thanks for writing in.

I agree that the MultiFrame rendering should improve the performance. Would you mind testing if it happening on a particular project or all of them? Are you using any third-party plug-ins? Also, what are the details of the footage you are working with?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My project is a 2D vector animation. I using overlord to import the vector image to the after effect and animated them.

I have Motion 3, Limber, Keystone and Duik Vassel 2 plugin. 

Each animation scene in one comp (about 5-10second) x 10 comps in one Final Comp. Total 1 minutes with

Voice over and bg music. *no effects, no puppet, pure 2d vector animation with Limber and Duik plugin. 

I tried

(My methor to measure the speed of preview - 
Green bar under the timeline reached the end of animation- consider completed preview render)
Purged for each preview test

When

MultiFrame rendering default turn on - It too 1:08.36 to completed

MultiFrame rendering turn off - Only took 29.82 to completed

Sometime, It able to play realtime in preview when the MultiFrame renderingg turn off

but no on MultiFrame rendering turn on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you install some third party plugins, they may make After Effects run slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finding out where bottlnecks in AE can be difficult, but in addition to testing the things Nishu suggested, try using the new Composition Profiler to see if a particular layer, effect, or expression is the culprit. You can read more about the Comp Profiler here: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/composition-profiler.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines