Exit

Slow Speed After Effects

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Am Using Adobe After Effects Cc 2020

But the problem is that After Effects works very slowly
I created a project in my PC and when I rendered it the speed was slow, I rendered it on my friend's i7 PC and it rendered very fast.
Then I ran my SSD on i7 and the speed was slow again
I also changed my PC's hard disk and SSD but there was no difference in speed
My friend's iPhone has only Adobe After Effects 2020 installed and no external plugins installed.
While my PC has a lot of extra plugins installed
Is it possible that my PC is slow due to too many plugins installed?
While apart from this, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator also work slowly

While it works faster in friends' PCs where it is installed

My Pc Specs

Hp z820 

56 Gb Ram

2 gb graphi card gtx 760

2 tb hdd

250 bg ssd

windows 10 Pro

i7 Specs

Core i7 4th Gen

12 gb ram

512 mb graphic card

2 tb hdd

120 gb ssd

windows 10 pro 

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , Freeze or hang , How to , Import and export , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to guess when rendering on your friend's PC, that it is rendering with software render only, while on yours you are using the Graphics card.  Some GPUs improve performance while others can get in the way.  See what happens if you switch to software only.

Do you have other things running at the same time?  That can cause competition for resources.  Have you set how much RAM AE can use (hog) in preferences?  Have you tried rendering out ProRes videos first instead of MP4s?  MP4s are highly compressed to AE/AME ends up doing a double job of rendering then compressing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

I don't open any other software while rendering

And I have selected 48GB RAM in preference

And I rendered MP4 format only on my PC and friend's PC

But rendering is not the only issue here

But the same project when I open it on my PC takes a long time to open and the buffering after opening is also very high.

Whereas on a friend's PC the same project opens very quickly and buffering doesn't even happen

I try setting the software to render option

Then let me tell you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

welcome to adobe programs, where GPU doesn't matter, upgrading your CPU can actually make it slower, and your RAM is 90% of what matters. There have been very few core updates and basically no updates regarding performance, but with over 470 built in addons, the program is about as swift as a two ton snail.

most of the "performance benefits" from older versions, I'm convinced are because new computers are faster. I tried CC2023 vs CS6 (the 2012 version) on my computer, and CS6 was between 22 and 35% faster, and was several times more responsive in UI. 
Now, Adobe won't give that version to you, nor will they give you the coveted 2014 multithreaded patch. their team lost the code for that I think, because multithreading was disabled after that.

I can only suggest you get CS6 for hardware with those specs. I probably would be booted from these forums for telling you how... but I assure you, if you're savvy, you can find one floating around on the high seas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines