• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Snap anchor point to middle point

Guide ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to snap this anchor point to middle point. How to do that? video is attached 

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Hi MahaB82A,

Thanks for sharing the video.

1. I think that the anchor point is snapping right in the middle of the layer. Visually it looks like it's off. You can identify it by measuring the layer's height and the distance between the top/bottom edge and anchor point position. I took a screenshot of your video and imported it into Photoshop to measure it. However, if you wanna place the anchor point manually, you can disable the snapping and move the anchor point using Pan Behind tool.
  2. Once you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

I took 5 minutes to go through the workflow I would use. Here you go:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey MahaB82A,

You can use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Alt + Home (Command+Option+Home on Mac) to move the Anchor Point to the center of the layer or the Pan Behind tool (keyboard shortcut Y) to move the anchor point manually. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1y.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the keyboard shortcut 'y' to select the Pan Behind/Anchor Point tool. Turn on Snapping. Hover over the Anchor Point, click, then drag to the center of the layer. The Anchor Point will snap to any corner, the middle of any edge, the horizontal or vertical center line, or the center of the same layer or any other layer in the comp. You can also snap to any vertex on a shape layer or mask path, or even on the center of a mask or closed shape layer path.

If the graphic is centered on the layer, everything should work just fine. If the graphic is not centered on the layer you will have to do the best you can. Carefully drawing a mask around the graphic might help.

Your cropped screenshots don't tell us what you are trying to accomplish. The anchor point that is showing could be on any layer in the comp. If the instructions I have given don't clear things up let us know and show us the entire comp with the modified properties of the problem layers revealed. Just select them, press 'uu', then share a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is I got it from YouTube. I want to bring this effect. If I can snap layer and anchor at the centre pt I can rotate and bring effect. Two things I have to do

1. Snap the anchor point at middle of the layer edge.

2. Snap the whole layer at middle of the comp.

Video is attached

1.jpg  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MahaB82A,

Thanks for sharing the video.

1. I think that the anchor point is snapping right in the middle of the layer. Visually it looks like it's off. You can identify it by measuring the layer's height and the distance between the top/bottom edge and anchor point position. I took a screenshot of your video and imported it into Photoshop to measure it. However, if you wanna place the anchor point manually, you can disable the snapping and move the anchor point using Pan Behind tool.
  2. Once you have centered your anchor point, press Ctrl+Home to put your layer in the center of the comp.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for explanation.

Answer to second question is okey it worked.

In the answer to first question, I assume that there is no short cut key to snap anchor point to the centre of RHS edge of the layer. Only I have to do manually with approximation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took 5 minutes to go through the workflow I would use. Here you go:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You see value is 20 but I can do 36 duplications. How is it possible? In my view it should not come more than 20. 

Duplication.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you divide the layer number (1) by 10 you get .1. .1 times 360 equals 36. Each new layer rotates another 36º so 10 of them make a full circle. If you set the number to 10, it takes 10 layers. Set it to 40 and it takes 40 layers to make a full circle. You can keep duplicating layers as many. times as you like but when the layer count goes above the number you set (20) the additional layers will be right on top of each other. so you won't see any difference in the composition. 

Did you follow that?  

Put another layer in between the 20 layers and there will be a hole in the circle where the other layer is. It's all simple math. 1 X 20 / 360 = 18. 2 * 20 / 360 = 36.  Each layer rotates 18º more than the previous number and 20 of them will create a full circle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines