Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

So much lagging in after effect on my laptop

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello

i just purchased a new pc with AMD ryzen7 4800h 8 cores 16 threads rtx 2060 6gb 16gb 3200mhz ram dual channel and a 512gb ssd. but in my after effect. there is a lot of lag once the softeware is opened and the 4 sec to 6sec lag before a fucntion i pressed is actiated is fraustrating. the general lag. please is there a way to resolve this. and a friend system 4th gen i5 8gb ram 500gb hdd intel hd 4500 performs faster in the software ui than mine with that high spec. please what can be done to fix this. "i attached a clip for refrence"

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you delete the old cache?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have tried that didnt work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AT Studios,

Could you try resetting the preferences of After Effects and see if that brings any change: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after... 

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks lot.i tried that also recently but its the same. i knoticed between clicking anything there is like a 4 sec delay before it takes effect. for instance i click  the text tool then change to the anchor point tool. before see the anchor point tool effect there would be a 5 sec delay. bu if i wait for like 5 secs before clicking the anchor point tool the effect would be instantenous. pls what can i do abt it. from reding online i heared it because of my AMD processor ? is this true ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

let me send a link from a previuos user that complained about this issue before. but i use adobe after effect cc 2022 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/painfully-sluggish-ui-in-after-effects-cc/m...

and there hasnt been any fix. yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeeeeah... about that. you don't have 128 gigs of RAM, (it stores each frame and can't do live playback from cache) AE doesn't really use GPU unless it uses ALL of it and lags out even a 3090 with 2k-4k footage.

Almost all its effects and processing is single core, (it's what you get for using a 29 year old program), and they removed a lot of multithreading in 2015. (yes, removed. it was there, but then they decided it "wasn't coded robustly enough"). so AMD cards are definitely the worst for AE. you want the fastest, largest single cores possible. so, to put it bluntly:

1 core, 6ghz
128gigs of RAM
2TB M.2 drive
RTX 4090

is the ideal AE workstation as it stands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now, I can't legally suggest you get an older version, but older versions did use your computer resources more efficiently. if I could tell you one to get, I would suggest CS6, and surprise, even the chatbot will say so too!

Untitled.png

 
but I legally have to say it's totally not right to use a program that was sold with a perpetual liscence, but through DRM was shut down and perpetual liscences deemed useless by the company that provided them and had a financial incentive to disenfranchise their users. Heck, legally, I don't even know where a copy may be obtained, and even if you were to get one, which I won't say you even can, you might have to deal with a defunct lisence system! golly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks alot. i guess its the ryzen 74800h giving me the issue. but damn wish multithreading was active. damn 8 core 16 threads still useless because of single core performance.  adobe really !. and on cinebench single core performnace for my procesor was quite high 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines