Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some 3D layers not appearing when rendered or when comp nested

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Would super appreciate help on this one! I have a few 3D layers that dissapear when I try to render, they also will not show up when I try to nest this comp in another. I tried deleting the camera, and that didn't work. Also the camera is also attached to the "Key for AE2" layer and that works just fine. The layers that won't show up are the highlighted "Greg" layers - the cartoon character. They aren't set as guide layers, my Draft 3D is not on. I'm not sure what else to do and trying to finish this for a client!

First screenshot is the Pre-comp that the character shows up in

Second screenshot is the main comp with that pre comp nested as the top layer - see how only the key shows up - it does not show up in export either.

3rd screenshot is the camera setting of my Pre-comp (where the character does show up)

Thank you community!

TOPICS
Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

You are in the Front view, which is a non-rendering view. You need to set up your stuff in the "Active Camera" view.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are in the Front view, which is a non-rendering view. You need to set up your stuff in the "Active Camera" view.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Mylenium, 

Thank you so much!! Clearly I need to go back and learn more about the camera views, but this saved me for this project. Much appreciated 🙂

- Kelly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines