• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something happened in the last 24 hours, and AE (and Prem) is now unusable

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I consider myself a calm and patient person. As a software engineer myself, I try to imagine myself in the shoes of the AE and Prem teams whenever something happens. Everyone accidentially deploys to prod at times, its just an artifact of being human.

However.

Something has happened within the last 24 hours that has transformed the adobe video suite from fine to completely unusable. Right now as I type this, its taking about 4 real seconds between rightclicking on an layer on the timeline, to actually displaying the right click menu. Renders include glitched and failed frames that are absolutely not in the base footage. Timeline performance is completely unusable, the app says 10ms to render a frame but it takes seconds for that frame to show up.

None of this was happening yesterday. The computer has been off completely between then and right now so no other software changes have happened in that time (GPU drivers, Windows Update etc). No other apps on the system are showing degradation or any slowdowns at all. AE and Prem is the only one.

For reference, my system is running Windows 10, with a RTX 3080 and Ryzen 7 5800X.

Did the engineers deploy something within the last 24h of posting this? Whatever it is, please rollback that deployment and fix this. The suite is now completely unusable. I dont pay $110 AUD a month for these sorts of issues.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can open the Creative Cloud app and check for Auto Update. Keep it turned off. You can also open the Apps section, find after effects, click on the three dots after the Open button and choose to roll back to a previous build or even a previous version.

Another cause of sudden crashes with AE and Premiere pro is an automatic OS, other software, driver, or virus program on your system. If rolling back AE and Premiere Pro does not fix the problem, then something else happened to your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I concur with Rick. probably not directly related to the programs. The most critical part to look into would apparently be your graphics driver. Even just playing a game can sometimes mess it up and there are massive issues with NVidia's drivers lately. Rolling back to 517.xx might resolvce your issue. Otherwise uninstalling and reinstalling teh programs would be advisable.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines