• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

something is cutting off my graphic

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I imported a graphic of a ramen cup from Illustrator into After Effects and the steam from the cup is being cut off for some reason. For the steam itself, I created in after effects. There should be no shapes or anything obstructing the steam.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem???

Also let me know it would be easier to include the file on the thread.

Untitled.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having a similar issue in that when I apply effects to my AI vector graphics they seem to crop at their bounding box. I would like to know how to make the bounding box bigger or just get rid of it altogether. When I have tried searching for removing the bounding box I just get tutorials on how to hide it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In short, let After Effects (AE) handle your desired screen dimensions, not Illustrator (AI).

In AI, make sure the artboard is large enough to fully encompass all the graphics you want to bring into AE, then save the AI file and do the following:

• (Optional) In you file explorer, make a copy of your project as a backup.
  • In AE, clear the cache: Preferences > Media & Disk Cache > Empty Disk Cache.
  • Quit out of AE
  • Re-open AE
  • Create a new project.
  • Try importing your AI file into the new project.
  • Resize the screen in AE to match the desired dimensions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines