Copy link to clipboard

Copied

error.png

Adobe AE CC2017.1 & 2015.3

OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

4GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 40GB

I am getting a random error when rendering out of AE 2017 and 2015. "Error - internal verification failure, sorry! {SetOutputWorld called with a world of the wrong size} (78 :: 4)".  It causes the render to crash.  I am using some effects like CC Repetile and Motion Tile, some color corrected photos (no video in project) and multiple scale nulls.  It's essentially a slide-show type project with scale nulls creating drifts and transitions.  The errors are not happening in the same place each time.  I am able to render about 30 seconds of the 4 minute timeline, crash, and render the next section, repeat, and piece it all back together.  I have disabled the cache, tried a render with all instances of CC Repetile turned off (still crashed) and saved back to CC 2015 and tried rendering on another MacPro workstation.  No solve.  I was able to get it to render in full using Adobe Media Encoder instead of the AE Render Queue.  I would still like to figure out what is causing that error!  I also tried rendering out an image sequence instead of Quicktime movie, but still crashed.  I've been using AE every day for 17 years now and may have seen this error in the past but am reaching out for some possible insight.  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Lumetri sounds like a likely culprit - especially with that error message and further info about your project!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Effects used in project: Color Balance, Levels, Fill, Gaussian Blur, Transform, Hue/Saturation, Invert, Lumetri Color, Gradient Ramp, Sharpen, Stroke, Motion Tile, Vibrance, CC Repetile, Knoll UnMult, Magic Bullet Looks, Gen Arts Sapphire S_Vignette.  Also of note, the project was imported from Adobe Premiere using Adobe Dynamic Link. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have time, try rendering with each effect removed until you find the culprit.

First one I would try is Sapphire. I've seen some of their plugins cause some weird errors lately for other folks on the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Szalam.  I will try your suggestion.  Another thing I tried was resizing the images that were being used.  The client provided all sorts of formats and resolutions (mostly 300dpi .TIF files) so I saved them out as 72dpi targa files (all in RGB color space).  I replaced each image in AE and tried to re-render.  I immediately got this error message.  It could be the new Lumetri color correction effect being used as an adjustment layer over the large images and trying to use the Metal GPU rendering out of AE.  I switched it to "Mercury Software Only" and am rendering it out now... It is almost halfway finished without crashing...

gpu_effect.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lumetri sounds like a likely culprit - especially with that error message and further info about your project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it.  Changing it from Mercury GPU Acceleration (Metal) to "Mercury Software Only" under Project Settings fixed the crashing and error messages. Perhaps the AMD Radeon R9 graphics card in the iMac can't handle the workload of the Lumetri Color plug-in.  If I had an external GPU (or a PC) maybe it would work!  Still might be worth submitting a bug report to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm.  Spoke too soon.  I re-rendered the project and got the original "sorry, world of the wrong size" error again.  Even with Mercury Software Only.  I can't figure out WTF.  Next, I will try turning off all instances of Lumetri Color and try to re-render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it isn't Lumetri Color at all.  I have pre-rendered some of the nested precomps and am getting no errors, for what it's worth. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This brave new world of GPU stuff is a bit tricky, isn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, from the future. I was having issues with Media Encoder a while back and switched back to AE render plus Handbreak for encoding smaller mp4. My AE renders have been crashing for days. Switching to software render worked. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this same error today when I was laying out boards that were photoshop layers. The only plugin I was using was Simple Choker. I was able to click though dozens of the same error message and eventually get back to working on my project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious, did you literally just keep clicking "okay" again and again until it didn't appear? I encountered this just now and have been troubleshooting it all to hell. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines