• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Space Bar not triggering Video in preview.. New M1 MacBook Pro Max

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so crap. I have had AE and trying to learn to use it. But it won't let me preview or playback my timeline. Audio seems to work and the playhead moves forward but no video moves or any effects. Just frozen. I dont know what to do except go back to Apple Motion- it's crazy???? Can't find help anywhere, and considering i have to pay for an Adobe Subscription doesn't appear there is someone i can call, like i can with apple products. 

TOPICS
Performance , Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's definitely Adobe support, although you might get more specific After Effects help here on the user-to-user forums.

What version of AE are you running, not just the year, but the specific version? Is it the latest? Did this just start after an update or has it happened since you got the new MBP?

Is this on every project or just one?

Does this happen in the middle or working or as soon as you start AE? This does occasionally happen to me and restarting AE always fixes the issue. There was also a bug where switching audio devices would cause playback to stop, so if this is happening after you bring your computer out of sleep (if you left AE open), connect headphones, or do anything to trigger audio hardware switch, you could be encountering this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

Welcome to the community and sorry for your issue.

In addition to what davidarbor asked, please share your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version) also, a screen recording would be helpful that shows the problem.

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Nishu (and thanks David). I'm defnitely not the only one who has had this issue, looks like it's been happening for years.

I went up into the Preview section, and changed the short cut to another key, then changed it back to Spacebar only, and miraculously it started working. It was very strange. The problem was occuring from the moment i installed for the first time- the audio would play, and the playhead would move but nothing would happen in the window. Definitely a bug.

I am on a brand new MacBook Pro M1 MAX 32GB, 4TB internal SSD computer. The project file was just a beginning tutorial template from your website. I'm runing MAC OS Monterrey 12.1 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines