• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spec help plesae

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if this is not the space for this sort of question...
My boss is buying a new pc for me to work on with After Effects. He's shown me a quote and asked if it will do the job. I am not a tech guy whatsoever....help a guy out please! How does this look?

11th Gen Intel Core i7-11700K, 8 core, 3.6GHz to 5.0 GHz

32GB 92x16GB) DDR4 UDIMM non-ECC memory

1TB PCle NVMe Gen4 M.2 SSD

2TB PCle NVMe Gen4 Class 40 M.2 SSD

Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB, 3DP, HDMI (Precision 3650T, 3640T)

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As usual, the actual perceived and real performance will depend on what specifically you do. Motion graphics have different requirments from VFX and all that and HD is different from 4k or beyond. On paper this system will of course be pretty good. I'd perhaps up the RAM to 64 GB and also if you realyl only use it for AE there's no reason to get an expensive RTX card, given how limited AE's hardware acceleration stuff is. You can save quite a bit of cash going with an older lower spec model, even more so since RTX cards are actually a bit tricky to use with Adobe apps and require proper configuration. Standard disclaimer: All of that can be subject to change when you use other apps or specific third-party plug-ins for AE like Sapphire.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks Mylenium.
The work I do is standard motion graphics so this should do the job. 

I will pass these notes on.
Thanks again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines