• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

stabilization failed

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having footage that says stabilization failed, however, the footage is a little bit shaky not a lot. I had no problems with the older After Effects when correcting it. It's the same shakiness as for years. Why is the new After Effects not simply warp stabilization correctly now?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the settings for source footage being stabilized?  And, perhaps more importantly, what CODEC?  

H624?  Long-GOP MPEG2?  ProRes?  DNxHD?  Cineform?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H264 export from Final Cut

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info about your footage, your comp, effect settings and so on nobody can tell you much. Screenshots would help a lot, too.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 1.28.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-23 at 1.29.37 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try changing the Vidoe CODEC to Apple ProRes.

Final Cut Pro X > Export Master File Dialog Box > Settings Tab > Video Codec set to Apple ProRes 422Final Cut Pro X > Export Master File Dialog Box > Settings Tab > Video Codec set to Apple ProRes 422

If you're tight on storage space, use Apple ProRes 422 LT.

While H264 is a great delivery CODEC, it's one to avoid using as source footage.

That said, if using a ProRes version of your footage also fails in After Effects, you might consider using CoreMelt Lock & Load X footage stabilizer for Final Cut Pro X (https://coremelt.com/products/lock-and-load-x).  CoreMelt offers a free trial.  I have the version of that works in After Effects (which I am not sure is available any longer) and find that is usually gives me better results than just about every other stabilizer available.

Another option is to try Warp Stabilizer in Premiere Pro or a reinstall of After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines