Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stabilizing a dolly shot with no subject

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Again,
I am sure that the stabilizing subject has popped so many times before.
But every tutorial that I had watched, had a subject in the middle of the shot and a camera shaking.

I have a video where the camera travels ( on a dolly jib ) from a character tilts down to an empty swimming pool then tilts back up to another character. Poor equipments were used to do the shot so We ended up having some jittery effect when the camera is tilting up and down and panning. 

What would be the ideal way to stabilize this kind of shot. knowing that I had tried the warp stabilizier and in some parts of the videos the warp effect is pretty noticeable . And with the trackers you cant really set a tracking point since theres not one subject throughout the whole shot.

Thank you in advance  !

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You basically answered your own question: This shot is likely unsalvagable with conventional means in AE. If at all this may be doable using object-based tracking in Nuke, SynthEyes or another 3D tracking tool with the basic gist being that you would track short segments of what you have and let the programs reconstruct a consistent 3D scene with a camera from it and then take it from there. Of course pure speculation at this point without actualyl seeing your footage...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Basically the pricing we received from the VFX company was quite high, which made me have some doubt. But you're probably right. Conventional methods didnt really work.

Thanks ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines