Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stadium Lighting After Efflects

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

So for a project, I need to create a fake floodlight effect inside a small stadium on the pitch. What is the best technique? Using Parellel or Spot lights? Thanks. 

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chances are it will simply require some stacking of masked layers with blending modes and a bunch of effects. Without seeing your footage or concept art nobody can advise specifically, though. Even if 3D lights are somehow invoilved/ could be used, there's a big likelihood that more work is needed, as flatly lit layers by themselves don't do that much.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium 

I thought as much, as the light layers I'd made didn't have much impact on the image. Will probably need to look at masking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to use lights then the spotlight is the right choice. You can make the beam visible using Trapcode LUX, or you can fake it by using 3D solid blend modes and falloff. An even easier way to fake a light beam is to draw a feathered mask in the shape of the beam on a shape layer with a gradient and use a blend mode. 

To give you the most efficient workflow we really need to see your composition with the modified properties of the layers revealed. There are just way too many possible workflows to go into all of them. Before LUX I used blend modes and masks a lot. 

I took some sample Arri Alexa footage and added a shape layer with a feathered mask to create this new quick tip inspired by your question. 

Maybe it will give you some ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines