Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still image is strobing / blinking after export

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have a file in the format 1080x3840px which contains some still images and graphic, with a layer of snow under and over the image. I encounter a problem after I export, the still images strobes / blinks every third second or so. 

I have tried to change some export setting and settings for the snow, but the problem still persists. I suspect it has something to do with the format in combination with the snow, because when I ran some tests with 1920x1080px the problem is gone. I have uploaded some examples of the problem at this location: 

https://we.tl/t-Ubrt5D5bt9 

Comp1.mp4 is the correct format and the snow I am currently wanting to use, the problem is visible.

Comp1_1.mp4 is the 1920x1080 format, where I don't see the problem.

Comp1_2.mp4 I tried to stretch the image so you maybe see the problem clearer.

Comp1_3.mp4 is without the snow, and the problem is gone.

Have anyone else encountered something similar, and do you have a solution to fix this?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to add that I'm using the most recent version of After Effects, and I'm on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a similar probleme, but with my rushes. All my render have a very light blinking. 
I'm on a brand new Mac Studio Ultra. I tryed to render on after effect or media encoder, in the last 3 versions ( 2023-2022-2020) and have teh same problem.  And if I send the render on my old MacPro (2010) the render are ok. 
Someone got an idea ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have created an extremely odd comp size that will not play well on any standard media player. That may have something to do with the problem. I can't really see anything wrong. I watched both problem videos several times, followed snowflakes, and carefully observed the images. Nothing jumps out as a problem except the frame size. There is no way to get the video to 100% scale on a monitor because it's way too tall. Maybe what you are seeing is just a display error caused by your media player having problems resizing the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's strange, I got some help elsewere, and they were able to observe the problem. Nevertheless, when I exported the files with a higher quality / bit rate the problem disappeared. 

Also I'm aware that it's a odd format, but these are for some special large "live banner" screens that as far as I know actually have this resolution. 

Thanks anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines