Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop AE from creating startup project

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,
Every time I run a project file, it is asking me to save an untitled project https://prnt.sc/11x2318
Is there a way to disable this function and prevent AE from creating a startup project? it's so annoying.

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's actually unusual, as unless the project has become "tainted", i.e. something in it has changed, AE shouldn't even ask. Therefore you likely will have to offer some more information and technical details about what's going on. Perhaps something with one of the online functions or something with your caches or other folders and potential permission issues...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply. It is happening no matter what project I open, even when I go and create a new one. So, I open AE, and either open an existing project I worked on or go create a new one, it always asks me to save the untitled project, it's like by default AE creating an untitled project each time it is opened. Could it be that some plugin or script is doing this? I have a lot of them installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's of course possible that an incompatible script is wrongly executing on startup or similarly an auxiliary panel script used in conjunction with a plug-in may make a mess. Could even be that it checks for soem config file or animation preset and AE perceives this as a project interaction. Then again of course this doesn't rule out anything. Even CC's own sync functions or font management could be at play. In any case, try to disable as much of this stuff as possible and see if it makes a difference.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

found your post here, I'm having the same issue, did you solve it?

Thanks,

Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines