Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stroke following the boundary of an object when rigging

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am relatively new to After Effects. I was planning to do some rigging with Duik. I have all the different limbs to be animated, each with its own stroke. I would like only the outermost stroke of the overall body to be visible and adjustable at every movement of the body. To clarify: let's say I have a glove with white rounded rectangles with black strokes as fingers. I don't want the strokes of all the individual rectangles to be visible, but only one stroke on the outer profile of the whole glove. I can do that on Illustrator, but when I animate it with Duik that outer stroke would change because of the movement of the glove, since the overlap between the fingers would change. 

So, is there a trick to make the outer stroke follow the glove when rigging? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pre-compose, apply a stroke layer style in the parent comp. Other than that you may be able to work around that by re-ordering and re-grouping your shape layers or whatever and applying the stroke outside the groups. That might not be workable due to the rigging, though. Really depends on how things are set up.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines