• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sudden Renaming: Bulk Layer Name Change

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working in after effects and suddenly a bunch of my layer's names changed to the name of one of my other layers.  Undo doesn't reverse the name change.  Anyone have any idea how this could have happened and if there's any kind of fix?   

It's super anoying in that I now have to sort through them all and figure out what they are to change the name back to the original.  And this is not simple to do because of the nature of the comp. 

Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 12.00.35 PM.png

(The arrow depicts the original layer with the name "Auto-traced cpyr-logo-reverse-rgb.png")

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

So actually, it happened again.  Lo and behold, there's a toggle above the layers that toggles between "Layer Name" & "Source Name".  Didn't know this existed.

Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 12.20.03 PM.png

If anyone else has this problem, hopfully this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind.  I renamed one of the layers and everything reverted back to normal.

Weird bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So actually, it happened again.  Lo and behold, there's a toggle above the layers that toggles between "Layer Name" & "Source Name".  Didn't know this existed.

Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 12.20.03 PM.png

If anyone else has this problem, hopfully this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines