• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Templates won't appear in library/wont move from other library

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our animators created 2 new templates that we wanted to add to a templates library. We have tried adding them, but they will not appear. We tried adding them to another testing library and we can see them there. We've tried moving them from that library to the other one, and they say they've "moved" but do not appear in the other library. We have not run into an issue like this before. Our current templates library has over 30 templates, so we're not sure whats causing these 2 templates to not sync or move into the library.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried refreshing the Presets panel? The menu option is at the bottom of the list under the three horizontal lines in the top right corner of the Effects and Presets panel.

If you want to create an Animation Preset library that stays updated, you can try to do what I do. Browse to your Custom Templates library. On a Mac, it is in my Documents/Adobe/After Effects/User Presets directory. Get that open in one file browser (Explorer or Finder). 

Set up a Google Drive or Dropbox account, share it if you need to, and create an alias to that folder. I call mine Custom AE Presets, and it is in Dropbox. Create an alias for your Custom AE Presets folder, move it to the Documents/Adobe/After Effects 2022/User Presets folder, and fix the name if necessary.

Now any Animation Preset you create or anyone sharing the folder will show up on any system in your network. 

I have more than 200 that I have created or purchased organized in folders on Dropbox. I never have a problem accessing any of them. If I'm on a freelance job on someone else's computer, I can open dropbox and access them anytime. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines