• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text causing after effects to crash

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever i add a text layer to my after effects comp its fine but if i try and animate the text ( add s_blurmocurves ect...) this then causes after effects to crash/ fail to render my project at the point where the text is. If anyone knows how i might be able to fix this problem any help would be much appreicated 🙂 

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of AE are you using?

This may be related to a (A) font issue or one of AE's many (B) Preferences Files. For (A) try substituting with another font. If A does not work, on more than 2 fonts substitutions, then try trashing AE's Prefs Files. 

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using ae cc 2019 and no matter what font I use it still does the same thing unfortunately:/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your prompt reply. In my earlier reply, I mentioned trashing AE's Preferences files. If you have not done this, please try this - in the Character Panel (hamburger), click on the Menu and select Reset Character. Restart AE if this alone does not sort out your issue. 

If restarting AE does not solve your issue, then as a last resort, Trash AE's Preferences, upon restarting AE. Let us have an update on your exploits.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had the same issue .... It worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This works, having the same issue in the latest version of after effects (23.2.1). However I find it insane that in order to aply any sort of effect I have to reset every text in the project then restart. This error has also made it so I cannot open old projects with text effects what so ever, which is crazy. Surely there is a way to fix this so I can even open an old project to then "fix". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines