• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text layer can not be edited and preview does not work

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has persisted for several months across many projects both old and new. I can create a text layer but the box disappears the moment is created and it will not accept text/ key inputs. The layer is visible in the comp window but there is no way to create new text nor edit older text from older projects. 

Also, I can scub though the comp window but as soon as I try to preview anything it will not play a single frame and the green preview bar at the top of the comp window goes haywire - blinking off and on and randomly drawing lines all over the place. 

TOPICS
Audio , Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are only previewing one frame. Purge everything and check the Preview Panel settings. I think you just ran out of resources. When you have preview problems they are much easier to diagnose if you have the Info Panel open. It will show you exactly what is going on.

The second half of the video with the 3D tracker camera in it is also a little strange. I see the Text layer anchor point, Your text layers are 2D, the rest of the layers are 3D but without the camera turned on the layers could be anywhere in AE's 3D space. I think the whole workflow is a bit odd.  What happens if Active Camera is selected, you solo a text layer, reset the Character panel and try entering some text. I'm also not sure why you are adding a text box instead of just entering text. I don't see any reason for the added complexity of a text box.

We need more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Accidental repost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me. I purged everything. I use AE every day for past 8 years and I've never had a more stubborn problem. That just happened to be the project that was open for demonstration purposes. I did just discover a NEW 17.0 project does not have these problems. This project was created in 16.0 and can not be imported into 17.0 - i get an error code, the project seems to load but none of the comps will open or preview. I've included a new video to demonstarte the problem in a new comp with Info Panel open. 

For this video I created a new comp , I purged "all memory & disk cache". I created a shape layer and created a simple animation to demonstrate the bad preview (at least it sort of moves this time), then try to create and edit a text layer using several methods. the frantic tool changes indicate where I am attempting to type in charcters into the layer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you find a fix for this? I'm at a loss and experiencing exactly this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines