how can i ise text range selctor with CC Split 2

thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Effects have no text ranges or whatever. This feature pertains to actuial text layers only. Whatever you want will likely require a different approach, but you will have to explain that rather than just asking a generic question.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Mylenium for your reply got the picture what you are saying

lifbi apply the split cc2 on text it will split the the while word at once i want to split each character separately

thank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Split doesn't give you the option to apply to text letter by letter.

Even if you made multiple copies of the effect and had each of their point A and point b through only one layer it would stil influes each other.

The simplet way to do what you want would be to have different letter as it's own layer with it's own copy of the effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not visualizing what you want to achieve when you split a character. If you mean to split a letter in half, then you need to have each character on a separate layer and figure out how to handle the overlap. A screenshot of a sketch or a sample of what you are trying to achieve would help us help you, Embed it by "copy and paste" or dragging it to the reply field instead of attaching it so we can see what you want to achieve. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rick plz have a look at attached i want to some thing like this but i think you are right

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would start with a text layer and create a shape layer below that with a 50% gray (brightness) filled rectangle below each letter. Animate the Fill color from Gray to Black and offset the animation by a few frames to set up the timing. Add a mask to the text layer that cuts the layer in half. Add Displacement Map to the text layer, choose the Shape Layer as the source, turn off Horizontal Displacement, set Vertical displacement to Luminance and animate the distance to move the text completely off-screen. Then add a mask to the text layer that splits it in half, duplicate it, Set the Mask to Subtract, and add this expression to the Max Vertical Displacement.

- thisComp.layer("WINE").effect("Displacement Map")("Max Vertical Displacement")

That will give you this; it should only take a few minutes.

RickGerard_0-1674556341274.gif

The final step is to turn off the Shape Layer (displacement map layer) and possibly expand one of the masks by one or two pixels if you get a thin line between the two halves of the letters. I've included a project file.

This is only one of a half-dozen approaches I can think of that only requires one copy of the text layer. All of them require a duplicate of the text layer. I have attached a project file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks Rick

awesome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines