• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text workflow question: After Effects v Premiere

Contributor ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Say I want to add text to video, like credits, titles and then text inside the video etc. I used to do this in Premiere, but now I want to do it with After Effects. What is the recommended workflow? Should I use a dynamic link from After Effects to the completed Premiere Pro document, and then add everything needed? If so, what is the best way to render everything?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter. There's just too many ways these days and the specifics will vary for each project. You may want to import a clip with DL for fancy titles one day and the other stick with Premiere's basic tools and then again on yet another day set up a motion graphics template/ Essential Graphics thingy. Unless you want to make your life super complicated there's really no reason to do every tiny scrap of text natively in AE.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know it doesn't matter. I was just curous how this is generally done professionally, especially since Adobe have been stripping features like this out of Premiere. At one time I used to be able to add vector shapes and arrows and so on in Premiere but it seems they are moving away from that and want you to do it all in After Affects now.

I don't see my suggesion as making the workflow as complicated. To make a dynamic link to an existing Premiere project, then add all the text in After Effects with presets, then render, strikes me as being a good separation of tasks. I don't work with this professionally, but this approach was what I came up with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines