• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The EyeBall Switch won't show up next to my footage.

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to adobe after effects and was just doing a tutorial until i put my footage into the timeline to find that none of it would show in the preview only the audio. I searched around on the internet for people with the same problem one guy said he solved the problem by turning on the eye switch next to the footage in the timeline. But none of my footage have the eyeball switch next to it  only audio and the other two switches. Someone please help also im using After Effects 2017 cc.

and before you guys say anything i've already turned on the A/V switches.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so first you have to check and tell us if your footahe is actually AudioVideo clip and not only Audio clip. If you are sure that you have AV clip (that mean that you can play your video in any video player outside of AE) that mean that AE have some issue with your footrage and it is unable to play video part of it.
I'm saying about case like at that screenshot

ww.jpg

first position is where AE see video stream of a clip and second one is a clip without video stream. I\m guessing that your clip show as second one (without eyeball symbol).

That can happen when your footage is compressed with some non standard codec/compression settings or some error in footage that AE can't process. To fix that try to import your footage to Adobe Media Encoder and check if AME see your video stream. If AME can see your video stream of your file - convert it to some intermediatre codec (prores, Adnimation, Cineform etc). After that import your converted file to AE - that should fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot. after reserching a lot only you have answered this rightly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not AV switches you need, It's AV Features. The columns can also be arranged any way you like.

Screenshot_2019-01-23 21.47.54_h3CER8.png

Unfortunately, there is no auto-reset for the timeline layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines