• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The tracker rotation programming error

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tracker in After Effects seems to have a serious programming error causing it to be unless.

I track a item, then edit target, but when I hit "apply" the target rotates 90 degrees with out reason.  I have spent over 8 hours trying to make the tracker apply to a target with out destroying the target with out success.

I have spent hours on chat and remote connect with Adobe and they have no clue how to make the tracker work.

I have a series of similar projects and they all have the same issue.  I fund I have to abandon Adobe and use VEGAS to do any project that involves tracking.  Why is Adobe so expensive if programs that are 20% the price work better?

Is there an ad-on I can download that has a working tracker?

Is there a way to get Adobe to fix this tracking programming error?

I currently have the whole Adobe creative cloud, is there a program that works when wanting to track and attach something to the tracking?

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are doing Corner Pin Tracking just rotate the replacement image 90º, Fit it to the composition, then pre-compose and corner pin the result.

I don't exactly know how you ran the tracker or why you did not try and use Mocha AE, which has much better corner pin tracking, but my guess is that you either did not arrange the four corners correctly or you failed to properly prepare the replacement image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried Mocha and things ended up much worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Tracking, I always set the target to be a Null Object, then parent any layers I want to that.

It is hard to tell from the screenshots if that would solve this particular problem though.  I think Rick is right and you should look at Mocha's included plugin.

I made a video for its basic use, after I discovered a few steps were not obvious:

And Rick has a much more comprehensive tutorial that's worth a watch:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I use Mocha it throws my targets all over and tie them in knots.  Had nothing butt errors come out of Mocha and would rather just go use a different brand's software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solved!

Talked to Adobe team but they had no clue.  After 14 hours and starting over 10 times, I finally figured it out through trial and error.

The solution:  AE is unable to attach horizontal TIFF or PS files to tracking.  Your file must be vertical, it's that simple.  The programmers at Adobe completely forgot to include the required orientation option into the tracking system.

Adobe- please fix your error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines