• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

the videos i cut turn into the original

New Here ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a problem where, after a while, the videos i have cut from an longer video turn into that video again. or at least thats what shows up on the screen. because the videos are still short (like the way i cut them) but the screen shows the original video. 

and i can't find someone who explains it and has the same version as me. 

it would be greatly appreciated if someone who has any knowlage could let me know. i have just began using the app and this might not be a big thing but im lost. 

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to use After Effects as a video editor? AE is not a video editing app. Most comps that pros work on are only a single shot and very short. Occasionally you use After Effects to create a transition between shots, but editing should be done in Premiere or another NLE. 

Odd behavior with preview is usually a Media and Disk Cache problem. Reserving a multiple of 4 GB of ram for other applications and setting the Disk Cache size to something fairly small, like 40 GB in preferences, often helps mitigate Memory and Cache issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Probably you have open the Layer Panel not the COmposition panel. This is a common mistake on the newbies side. When double clicking on a trimmed layer, AE opens de Layer Panel where you can view all the original footage (similar to the Source Monitor in Premiere Pro). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines