• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

time remapping with loopOut does not work

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have discovered what looks to be a bug in the latest version of AE - 22.2.1 Build 3

If you apply time-remapping to a clip and then add an expression to loop the playback, the loop misses some frames. I'm not sure if the missing frames are random or if there is some pattern.

I've never sen this before. I would appreicate it if other uses could check if this is happening with the same version of AE.

Have a look at me demonstrating the issue:

https://vimeo.com/689655691/827f2bfe39

Don't be distracted by the fact that the framerate is 999FPS. This issue happens no matter what the framerate.

Thanks,

Anthony

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For loop out to work with only 2 keyframes, the first and last frames must be identical. It has always been that way. That is just how loopOut() works. You also need to add a keyframe one frame before the last Time Remapping keyframe and delete the last one because TR always puts the last keyframe at the end of the last frame instead of the beginning. It has always worked that way. I threw together this short explanation for you. One of these days I'll turn it into a full tutorial.

Note: the only time I use the Drag and Drop tool on the forum is to upload videos. All the rest of the time I embed screenshots using the toolbar or I just copy and paste an image directly into the reply field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines