• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Time Remapping

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am a beginner in after effects, i need to use time remaping, but when i apply time remaping to my clip, the keyframes do not appear.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @masa5C2D ,

That is odd behavior.

Select the layer and hit the Uber key (U). Does it show your keyframes?

Let su know how it goes.

mj

MSD Star Grey-01.pngMohammed Jogie | Morning Star Design | BA CUA |
Adobe ACA | ACE | ACI | ACP | CA | UGM |
MISTD | Ico-D | IxDA | PADI | C&G |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you apply time remapping, 2 keyframes will be added to the start and end of the original clip.

time remapping.png

So, if your clip is trimmed (you set in-out points manually) then you will not see those keyframes because, as mentioned,  they are at the start and end of the original duration. You can use the add keyframe button (highlighted in the picture) to add keyframes manually at the in-out points of  the trimmed clip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have a trimmed clip the easiest approach is to Pre-compose moving all attributes to the new comp and trimming the new comp to the length of the layer(s). You do not need to open the pre-comp.

Then apply Time remapping to the entire clip.

A workaround would be to move the CTI to the in point (i) and add a keyframe for time remapping using the little diamond icon in the middle of the keyframe navigator, and then go to the out point (o) and do it again. Now you can start dragging time around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines