• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Track matte doesn´t seem to work

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have problems with alpha matte. I want a text move from left to right.With the pencil i made a line that i want the text to come out from. Shape 1 is the line. Shape two is the box where i want med text to reveal. Between the two shapes i have a text. With the text layer i choose track matte alpa. But it´s not working. It looks like the line is stopping the animation and no text is reveled in the shape 2. I have black background with white text. What am i doing wrong? I have tried it also with video at the background with the same result.

Kindly Regards Jensine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

From this picture, everything look right, just try to check the opacity of the "squere"layer must be 100% also same for text layer

one more question, if you remove the  track matte, than turn on the "squere"layer are you able to see everything in the right place?

anyway here's a file include what you'r doing, you can check it, 

Dropbox - title.aep

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TrkMat uses the layer above it as the matte.  So your "box" needs to be directly above your text.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gutterfish  wrote

So your "box" needs to be directly above your text.

Or use the Set Matte effect, and pick any layer you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. But the shapelayer where i want the text to reveal is above the text layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot so we can get better idea where is you issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will do that as soon as im home from school

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects.png

The text is invisible to the left as it should be. The text has an animation from left to right. The text is meaning to look like it comes out from the line but it´s invisible. What is wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From this picture, everything look right, just try to check the opacity of the "squere"layer must be 100% also same for text layer

one more question, if you remove the  track matte, than turn on the "squere"layer are you able to see everything in the right place?

anyway here's a file include what you'r doing, you can check it, 

Dropbox - title.aep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, if i turn of the track matte i see the the whole text animation yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the order in which you have the timeline but I don't see where the box is. If the box is to the left of the line, you need to have your track matte on Alpha Inverse. If your box is to the right, Alpha works for you. Make sure you have a fill set for your shape layer and that it is set to 100 % opacity. Other than that, try creating a Solid layer and duplicate (or create) a mask to solve the issue. Hope that helps.

- Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It´s work right now. The problem was at my box was not filled with any colour. I changed to white like you showed me Oussk, thank you very much.  I did not think it was necessary to have a filled shape layer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you man! needed this 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was struggling for hours not knowing what was wrong. This helped! thanks, man.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this was incredibly useful, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old thread but I had the same problem and was getting frustrated to the point of getting a headache. Turns out I had "Draft 3D" active (bottom right corner of the Viewer window. The project is very big with a lot of layers and effects so Draft 3D helps things playback faster. But it also makes it so that the track matte simply doesn't show on the screen. TOTALLY FRUSTRATING! You can do everything right and a simple efficiency option destroys your workflow for an hour. So check that if nothing else is working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue... I need the shape INSIDE the character but track matte isn't being useful at all Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 15.33.04.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines