Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Track moves in 3D space after import from Google Earth Studio

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I tried creating an animated track in ae on a map, as shown in this video. But, when I import the track and position it correctly in a certain perspective, it doesn't move with the camera but instead moves and turns wildly, often going out of view. The track points also don't stay put as they should. What might I have done wrong?

I attached a video to show what I mean.

Thanks for the help!

Xanita

P.S. I know, my performance isn't the best :).

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Well, everything you have is soem arbitrary flat plane. This will never solve correctly in 3D and for the 2D parts you should split the layer and use conventional 2D tracking, anyway. The tutorial isn't really that great and what likely makes it worse is that you picked a region where auntie Google doesn't have enough info and thus the export produces bad data. You realyl should approach this completely different and do most of the stuff in 2D, then hand-animate a camera after you've turned your

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, everything you have is soem arbitrary flat plane. This will never solve correctly in 3D and for the 2D parts you should split the layer and use conventional 2D tracking, anyway. The tutorial isn't really that great and what likely makes it worse is that you picked a region where auntie Google doesn't have enough info and thus the export produces bad data. You realyl should approach this completely different and do most of the stuff in 2D, then hand-animate a camera after you've turned your pre-comped layers into a 3D layer. All this Google Earth stuff is of no use here, so there's no point even troubling yourself with those export procedures and messed up camera.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines