• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TRACKER IN AFTER EFFECTS

Participant ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "tracker" in After Effects is just as good as it was 10 years ago!  Really? Gimme a break. Have you tried tracking in Resolve 17.  I tracked a Jeep running through water and it tracked to perfection with one try.

I keep giving Adobe my money but it doesn't keep getting better. Fix the lousy tracker. Or at least give me the Pro version of Mocha for free. Geeeez! 

My entire computer (Mac Studio Ultra) opened and then I opened Resolve in less time than it takes to open After Effects!  How is this possible?

TOPICS
Performance , Resources , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mocha AE can solve more different types of tracking problems than you can solve in DaVinci with the standard tools. Mocha Pro adds a few editing features and a Mesh Tracker. The standard AE tracker is a feature tracker; if the feature does not significantly change between frames, it does a fine job. The problem with a jeep running through water is that it may be tough to find a feature about 100 X 100 pixels anywhere on the jeep that does not have significant changes to the pixel values in some frames. 

You have to understand how tracking works. There is some tracking involved in almost every VFX shot I produce. Mocha AE is more than adequate for 99% of the shots. Only a few require very much fiddling to get the job done. I also do a fair amount of tracking in DaVinci. It is closer to Mocha AE than Mocha Pro, but there are still a lot of shots that can be extremely difficult to track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines