• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tracking Adjustment Layer

New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a video of a swimming pool that I have tracked. I like everything else around the swimming pool to be black and white, and the swimming pool that I have an adjustment layer remain in color. So I can make the swimming pool black and white and everything else color. Not sure what I am doing wrong or need to modify it.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tying an Adjustment Layer to motion tracking is not a recommended workflow.

A better workflow would be to put the color effect on a copy of the layer that has a mask or add a mask and compositing options for the color effect to the original footage. You might even consider using a track matte to isolate the pool on a color-corrected copy of the layer. The most efficient workflow depends on the shot. We need more details and screenshots of your comp so we can help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

First did a track.

Created a null object

Linked an Adjustment Layer

added black and white effect to Adjustment Layer.

Obviously this is backwards but I am trying to make the Adjustment Layer in Color and everything else out of the

Adjustment layer in Black and White.

Have not been able to figure this out.

See video below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this workflow:

• Track Camera
  • Select surface to track by dragging around multiple track points
  • Size up and position the Target
  • Use the Target to set the Origin and Ground Plane
  • Use the same Target to add a Solid And Camera
  • Change the blend mode to Overlay and possibly the color of the Track Camera solid so you can easily see through it to create any needed masks
  • Verify the track and mask are good
  • Add a new Adjustment layer and drag it below the Camera Track Solid
  • Set the Camera Track Solid as an Alpha Inverted Track Matte for the 2D Adjustment layer
  • Add your color effects
  • Duplicate the Track Matte and Adjustment layer
  • Change the Track Matte mode of the duplicate to Alpha
  • Edit the Color effects to complete the color grading for the entire shot

That's it. An adjustment layer should never be 3D. If you need to limit the area that the adjustment layer changes, use a Track Matte or a mask. One more hint, I always lock the original footage layer into position using this expression for Position. It prevents accidentally moving the source footage.

[thisComp.width/2, thisComp.height/2]

I have uploaded a project file using your video for you to look at. Here's a quick video:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! I really appreciate the time you put into this. Thank you very much.

I thought I had this figured out some time back. Since I did it once I thought I could do it again.

I struggled with this for a few weeks before I reached out. Thanks again for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 

I am revisiting your tutorial, and I'm not able to change Camera Track Solid to an Alpha Inverted Track Matte. I have been watching your tutorial over and over and I am not sure where I am missing the step. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines