• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tracking help for a hobbyist

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello adobe world! First of all i want to say its awesome for myself to hobby along throug adobe. I just started couple of months ago. I am learning quick and can spend hours of seeing tutorials and learning stuff about i never knew it whas possible.

anyways, i need some advice tips or any help from anyone who wants to. 
I am learning  subject at the moment about tracking my clips and putting stuff on my track. And i made some progress, but i got some main ( sounds silly ) subject in my head wich i want to achieve. I saw this at a guy on instagram : 

F3E04AD0-8964-43EF-A290-CB8680BECD43.png

3F601B9F-CE0E-4406-9C25-64216DB98D47.png

*Its a video

He' is in the video tracking his scope of his sniper rifle. It sooms In, it sooms out, sometimes even get out of the image. 

I really should wanna learn how this is sort of done.

At the moment i use the same game as above to learn my skills in in about editing. 
its for me the idealistic way to learn on the recorded clips i made from the game..

Any advice ? For a learning young man? 
i have to admit, i am myself from the netherlands. My english is good but it can on a certain point gettimg

confused sometimes to catch up with the speed of the tutorials i find eveywhere. 

And i hope i can get further in my way through everything what i have to explore yet.

Greetzz!

Sam

( For the tracking details i have adobe after effects, and premium pro installed on my pc, and also got the plugin mocha pro *2021* )

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sort of tracking can be quite difficult due to the speed of the zoom, but if you go to top menu... Window... Tracker you should see a new Tracker panel opens.  Select the option for Track Motion.  From the options here, you'll be able to track position, scale and rotation of an object and you'll be able to adjust the settings as you go.  Tracking is not particularly easy, but with patience, you should be able to get what you're after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For quick moves like the ones you are describing, it is almost always better to just set a couple of keyframes. You almost never need a keyframe on every frame. Let After Effects do the tweening for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Rick Gerard first of all i want to say thank you for the awesome knowledge, i readed alot of other subjects where i walked aswell in myself. And i saw you alot around with the helping and knowledge answers! I really appreciate that. 

finding out that watching all those tutorials everywhere getting me many times more confused, but reading helps me beter to understand😬

anyway, i decided that i maybe need to understand beter knowledge about tracking before i starting in more advanced tracking. Which is making progress, but now i am intro another issue. 

I've made some shots yesterday with a new gadget to film with. A chargeable stabilizer for my camera. . I've got this shot from about 8 seconds of a man walking and i shoot it from low on the ground a bit behind him. Now i try to push myself to track his leg to add a tattoo or anything on. But how can i track this right? 

Ive tryed it with mocha but after hours of trying yesterday evening. I gave up.

Greats,

Sam.

( forgive me for my english again)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines