• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tracking points won't 'stick'

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i right click on the video track, choose 'track camera,'  it analyzes, solves, and creates a few tracking points - BUT - they don't stick to anything.  When i scrub forward, the points just float in their original spots - i can't track anything.  On the other imac i have it works just fine, doing the EXACT same thing the same way with the exact same footage - i even get more tracking points (which are smaller in size too).  Both imacs are the same in every way, version of AE is the same.

I tried trashing the preferences, killing the cache, and reinstalling the software.  Nothing.  What on earth is going on?  Very frustrating.  Any ideas?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any actual info on the project, screenshots and so on this isn't going anywhere.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I tried uploading a video, but it says "you don not have permission to upload video". I put up a short youtube video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIpdAn2I9Rg&feature=youtu.be

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, have yolu actualyl attempted to work it "correct" zoom levels like 25%, 50 % and so on? A crooked zoom level like the 21. Something in your video may inevitably cause issues with overlay drawing of hardware-accelerated stuff.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  So  i moved the shot of the car to my 'downloads' folder and started over again and it worked!  So itz looking like some kind of cache or pathway or permission thing.  But it works only from downloads, nowhere else.  Weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to say this but have you watched any tutorials on Camera Tracking. I don't see you opening up the Advanced secetion, checking the accuracy or trying any other options. There are no track points on the car so you'll have to do something to the shot before you run Camera Tracking. Here's the workflow that I would follow with that shot.

• Duplicate the footage layer and rename the duplicate something like "track this"
  • Add color correction and or other effects to try and bring out as much detail as you can in the shot, I would have to play with the footage a bit but I do this all the time on difficult to track shots
  • Pre-compose the 'track this' layer and move all attributes to the new comp
  • Run a Camera Track on the pre-composed 'track this' layer
  • Explor all the options and verify that you have an accurate camera track before the next step
  • Pick a spot to set an origin and ground plane, set a layer marker, then pick at least 3 points that make the target look like it is attached to the ground
  • Set the orign and grouind plane then immediately add a Camera and a Track Solid
  • Make sure that the first track solid sticks to the ground. I usually add the Grid effect to the layer then set it to a Guide layer
  • When the track is good add additional track solids to the surfaces you want to add things to. I never use nulls because it's almost impossible to see if they are properly sticking to the surfaces
  • Set all tracking solids to guide layers then start adding your additional layers
  • When you add artwork or a text or shape layer, make the layer 3D then hold down the Shift key and Parent the new layer to the appropriate guide layer
  • The marker lets you return to the place where the camera is at it's starting position and the origin track solid is at 0, 0, 0 so you have a frame of reference for other 3D layers

When you are ready to render none of the guide layers will render. You can turn them off if yu want, but it is a really good idea to keep them in the comp if you need to come back later and make changes. You can also add a 3D null to 0, 0, 0, parent all of the other 3D layers to the null, then move the null to comp; center. Any new 3D layer you add will now be at comp center so it's a lot easier to get things lined up.

I hope this helps. This is an image from a post a long time ago. I've seriously cranked on the image to bring out some detail that can be tracked. Maybe it will give you some ideas.

Screenshot_2020-07-04 09.52.12_RpjxcI.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I can see I am very late to the party here.

But for anyone endlessly scrolling this worked for me -

I was working from premier pro loading my footing into after effects from there.

I changed the frame rate of my sequence from 60 fps to 29.97. The tracking points started to stick after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just found out that going from premiere pro with a clip that is reversed, into after effects with dynamic link, makes after effects unable to stick the solid/text/null, to the tracked points made with the "track camera" tracker. The fix is exporting the video clip from premiere pro with the reversed effect, and then importing it agian into premiere pro and then using dynamic link into after effects again. 

That worked for me

-Anders Kvejborg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines