• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfering a logo from AE to C4D Lite

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to animate a logo in C4D Lite. I imported the logo on AE, converted it to shapes, made all the layers 3D, and exported the scene to C4D.
I don't know why some shapes extrude forward and others backward. I don't understand why and don't know how to fix it.
Can someone explain to me what is happening?

I´m sending a screenshot so you can understand what is happening.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may post it to the Cinema 4D community as well.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Didn't know that forum. Thanks for the tip! I'll post there too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You also check the updater of C4D through Maxon App.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use to avoid updating C4D Lite. Every time I do that, the link between C4D Lite and AE gets broken somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to say what is going on without seeing the comp you exported. We need to see what is going on with the layers (press 'uu'). I suspect some of the groups created when you converted the Vector layer to a shape layer got a little convoluted.

If I faced that problem, I would return to Illustrator and put every shape on a separate layer, import it as a composition retaining layer size, convert all layers to Shape layers, delete the original Vector (AI) layers, and make all the layers 3D, add a camera with a 50 MM lens, and maybe some ambient light and a point light. Export the comp to C4D and give that a try. 

Any time I plan on animating a shape created in Illustrator, I put it on a separate layer. Any object I plan to convert to a Shape Layer in After Effects is always on its own layer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'll Try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It did not work. I've got the same result. The same shapes got extruded forward. I can't tell the difference between the shapes that are extruded correctly and those that are not.

I even tried to "pre-extrude" the shapes no After, but C4D simply ignores the extrusion made on After effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines