• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trap code Particular causing AE to crash

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I have upgraded to 2022 when ever I add Particular to a layer then click the Designer tab AE crashes. I hae uninstalled both but it still happens, I even installed an older version but it still crashes, If I open an old project it still crashes. Sent the report with my email but Adobe are ignoring it and cant get any help from the support.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Maxon have got to the bottom of it!

Its because I'm using Parciular v4 and need to upgrade to run it on the latest After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably an issue with GPU acceleration functions. After all, the Designer uses OpenGL and on top of AE's own stuff you could simply run out of resources or have a conflict somewhere. Update your system's graphics driver and delete any old configuration info for Trapcode and AE itself by deleting the config files/ preferences in the respective folders.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maxon have got to the bottom of it!

Its because I'm using Parciular v4 and need to upgrade to run it on the latest After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Something you should always check anyway.  Even before updating AE...check with your plug in manufacturers and make sure they are ready for the new version. If they're not coordinating with Adobe it could take them a few week or months to release an update during which time you wont be able to use the plug in.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines