• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trapcode Particular - my logo/layer wont emit particles

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have after effects 2020 with trapcode particular, I set my emitter type, to "layer"

and then I have linked the "layer emitter" to my layer/logo.

I expect my logo to emit particles but, its like the particles are not

recognizing or linking to my logo. The particles do not respect the "shape" of my logo.

It seems like such an easy step and process when I watch tutorials,

yet my logo is not connecting properly with the particular and emitting particles from my logo shape.

Is this a AFX 2020 problem with trapcode? It doesnt seem like it, everything else works fine.

I also start up after effects with "run as integrated driver" option, which i also dont believe

would be affecting this. 

Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts?
I just want to get my logo to emit particles with particular.

THANKYOU  : )

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the User Guide: https://www.redgiant.com/user-guide/trapcode-particular/emitter-layer-emitter/?

Did you properly set things up with your 3D logo layer?

Screenshot_2020-04-06 10.31.31_LTuIJ6.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I watched their video and did it exactly how they said and it still didn't work. My particles are supposed to appear around the body. But appear in the corner. 

image.jpg

 

image.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also it doesn't even add a layer light 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Rick that you should look up tutorials directly on Red Giant's site. There's a video tutorial on their site specifically for this. 

It doesn't sound like this is your issue, one of the biggest "gotchas" about layer emitters is that you typically need to turn the particle count MUCH higher to get visible results, so it's not uncommon for someone to get it linked up properly, but then see no particles (because they have too few) and think they've done something incorrectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I watched their video and did it exactly how they said and it still didn't work. My particles are supposed to appear around the body. But appear in the corner. 

image.jpg

  

image.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You definitely did something wrong, if you select your layer as an emitter, particular should create a light layer as an emitter source, but there is no light in your timeline. I suggest that you set your layer source to none and reselect "Goku_edge" again, and this time a light emitter should be created by particular

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not work and also trying to add or delete particular almost crashes after effects. Is there maybe something that has to be turned on when you first use particular?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get it to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you share the file or a simplified version I can look and see if I can help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Whenever I use Layer Emitter, Particles appear in the bottom right corner in comp. 

Do you have any solution?

error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution. It is trivial 🙂 You have to work at 'Full resolution'

rozwiazanie.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The layer you want to add Particular to has to be a composition. I tried adding it to a text layer and it didn't work even after precomposing. I had to remove the Particular layer, precompose, and then add it again. Then it worked. I am seeing a similar bottom right positioning issue when not in full resolution. FYI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try that method as well with the comps 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this wotk`/

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Putting in full resolution worked but I still didn't get a light layer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing is happening to me. I'm not getting a light layer, even in full resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wow Marcin at least that works, nice  😄 Interested in the Emitter Light layer issue too, but the full resolution trick is already incredible 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh man you saved me ton of trubles. thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I just ran into this issue with Particular 4.0.0 on AE 22.3.0

Maybe this can help someone. I had my emitter layer prepared, then selected it as the emitter in the particular panel. No particles were spawned, but an alert appeared reminding me to switch the emitter layer to 3D. I did that but nothing happened. After that I read on here that a light layer should have appeared after selecting the emitter layer. I then just temporarily selected some other layer as the emitter and then switched back to my now 3D emitter layer. And that worked! The light appeared, particles started to spawn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this will fix problems from people in this thread but I throw it in here anyway :
- work in Full resoltuon preview, any less will mess up particular

- if you have a mask on your emmiter, change your layer's source to "mask" like so Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're layer emitter MUST be set to a 3D layer before selecting the layer as an emitter in Particular, if that makes sense. Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines