Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Trim Path MultiBranch

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Hoping somene can help me achieve the Trim path for "multi-Branch" connectors. I'd like this the apperance of the lines to follow the same directtion . Currenlty, my line shape is composed of two Shapes , gruped together and I use trim Path to create the path to make it appear, it however doesn't followthe same direction.

This is what I'm struggling on and what I could ahieve thus fas

https://youtu.be/BM4m1GJihxY

This is what I would liek to do ( here performed using a white solid to mask  the path articfically )

https://youtu.be/g6Li2qDJZ7k

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's simply not possible. All Trim path operations are based on the relative lengths of individual path segments. That's why just applying it to a single shape group and hoping the timing would match on differently shaped paths won't work. You have to split your work up into multiple paths, each with their own operators and tweak the timing individually, annoying as it may be.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You basically have two options that are reasonable. The first is an animated track matte or linear wipe to reveal the branches of the path. This is by far the easiest solution because you can animate the shape and movement of a track matte. 

The second is a separate trim paths animator on each path and fiddling with speed graph and keyframes for each path to get them all to move at the right time. This could be a lot more interesting, but it is going to take a lot more time if there are a lot of layers. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks guys ! I went with doing it manually for each sha[e, it's not that time consuming after all 🙂

Thanks for the tips also @Rick Gerard  !

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines