• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two paths for the same project when dynamic linking?

Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I'm having this weird thing where I'll open Premiere and After Effects and then choose the linked projects from each start page to load them up. Then, when I right click on a comp in my Premiere timeline and click "Edit original" to take me to the comp in After Effects...AE reloads the same project as if I was in a different project...then the same project shows up twice in "Open recent" with a shorter and a longer path...but it's the same file. I don't know if this might also be related to the other issue I have with dynamic links, which is when I make a change to a comp and save the AE project, multiple comps linked in Premiere go offline and I have to relink them.Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 7.51.13 PM.png

TOPICS
Dynamic link

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without more specific info about your system, the structure of the AE and PR projects, where files are stored and so on nobody can realyl tell you much. To me it seems there's simply an issue with resolving aliases/ symlinks which may have to do with how volumes and folders are mnamed and mounted in the file system.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines