Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type tool not selecting all letters

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Wondering if anyone has experienced the same glitch as me and some of my teammates. When I select an entire sentence or line of type using the type tool, it will not allow me to select the first or last letters. For example, if I need to adjust a bullet color at the beginning of a sentence, I cannot select it. I have to type more things, create the bullet, and then go back and delete everything before it. It's VERY frustrating.

I'm running the latest version of After Effects (2022) on a Mac which is running Catalina.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a bit quirky for me also. Usually double clicking on the lettering will select it all. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kristi,

Welcome to the community.

The After Effects team is aware of this issue and they are working on a fix. Sorry for the inconvenience. As the experts suggested, workarounds like Double-clicking or using the Shift+Arrow keys are still working.

Feel free to reach out if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally have a fix for this in today's BETA - version 23.0.0.25 which is available through the Creative Cloud Beta Apps.

Bugs like these are terribly frustrating to experience as well as scary to fix because they have such a high potential of breaking in another unexpected way with a different arrangements of text. There are just so many possibilities.

I have tested it with all the cases I could come up with and even more obscure ones I expect nobody will encounter so I am feeling cautiously optimistic that this particular problem can be put to bed (I actually thought this last week but then tried one more thing...)

We need your help to validate that my optimism is well founded - if you are able to use the Beta in your particular workflow please do so and let us know what text selection situations fail for you, if any.

If we hear good reports from Beta users, and we do not find any failures ourselves then we will see this change promoted to the Fall official release.

Regrets that it has taken this long for me to sort it out.

Douglas Waterfall
After Effects Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened to this fix in the fall update? Still not working for me.

regards R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The fix was released with After Effects 23.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines