Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type Tool playing tricks on me

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I can't for the life of me figure out what has happened to my type tool.

The cursor is always at the start of anything I type. Words type normally but punctions always go to the beginning of a line.

It's making me loopy and I cant find the answer anywhere in forums or online.

Some please make me sane again.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured it out!

Cant figure how to delete this post though.

Day-by-day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Start by rebooting your system. Perhaps you have simply initiated soem weird input mechanism by holding a key too long or pressing an unusual key combo inadvertently. Likewise, check accessibility options in your system settings, input utilities, tablet writing tools and of course anything that can "steal" inputs like live messengers. as for AE - reset the character palette and also delve into the associated flyout menu and the preferences. Enabling alternate inputs liek RTL writing or having chosen a language that isn't supported by our input scheme and has no suitable fonts on the system can have all sorts of weird effects. Whatever it actually is - I hope those clues cover all bases and should get you on track.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines