• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UI is blurry if After Effects starts when the 2nd monitor connected in "Extend Display" mode

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UI is blurry when I start After Effects on my laptop with 4K monitor connected in "Extend Display" mode:

Blurry_UI_part.png

andriya31458399_1-1614019354624.png

If I start After Effects when the same monitor is connected in "Second Screen Only" mode its UI looks good (sharp enough) - even when I change the mode from "Second Screen Only" to "Extend Display" it remains good:

sharpen_UI_part.png

andriya31458399_2-1614019682335.png

I never had this problem with Adobe Illustrator - its UI looks good in any case.

My system configuration:
Windows 10 (x64), laptop Dell Inspiron 5570 (display resolution 1920x1080 px, CPU: i5-8250U, Display adaptors: Intel UHD Graphics 620 + Radeon 530, RAM: 32 Gb), monitor LG 27UL850-W (3840x2160 px, scale 150% recommended by Windows) connected to the laptop by USB-C -> USB-C cable.

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When AE opens on a screen with a zoom setting and you move it to another screen with a different zoom setting (ex : your main screen is 150% and the other is 100%); this happens.

The simple solution is to make the screen you want to use; your primary display before opening AE.

Or you could try forcing AE to open only on the desired screen, but I haven't tried any method for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines