• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to increase RAM allocated for After Effects

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am wanting to increase the amount of RAM i use in After Effects, It uses 13 GB, And I have 3GB RAM reserved for other aplications but when I try to decrease the amount of ram for other applications any lower than 3GB, After effects wont let me, in the memory details, it says my allowed ram usage is 13GB for after effects, I want to get After Effects to use 14-15GB Out of the 16GB I have on my computer, Does anyone know why i cant lower the amount of RAM reserved for other applications in After Effects?

This is the Memory Details:

Screen Shot 2022-08-13 at 1.27.23 PM.png

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Modern computer systems like even multiples of 4 GB of ram assigned to tasks. AE should actually perform better if you change the allocation to 4 GB. It has to do with the bus width and data streams. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because you need that 3 gigs of RAM to run your operating system and and other stuff.  In fact you might get better perfromance if you gave 4gigs to other applications.   

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Modern computer systems like even multiples of 4 GB of ram assigned to tasks. AE should actually perform better if you change the allocation to 4 GB. It has to do with the bus width and data streams. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's impossible. Operating systems themselves are bloated as heck these days and need a minimum amount of RAM as do all those little utilities they run in the background and of course other applications.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines