Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Invert Matrix?

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

So I'm essentially a complete beginner with AE. I downloaded a pre-constructed project from a site, in order to have an intro bumper for a client of mine. Whenever I try to render it, it fails at 1:10, and gives me the error "Adobe After Affects Error 17 ::45 Unable to Invert Matrix". I don't know what's happening, or if I am doing anything wrong. Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

I downloaded this with the expectation that the file would render with my text/graphics without any further effort, and am completely lost about how to fix it. Most of my searches return links from 6+ years ago.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing has changed from six years ago - it's an internal math error that literally can occur under a gigazillion conditions. Could be some effect going bonkers, could be a specific render setiing messing up encoding, could be just pure circumstance due to a combination of certain functions. Since you have not provided any info about your project such as at least doing us the courtesy of providing a link to the site you got it from plus system information we can't tell you anything more than that. You have to be much more specific. If it always fails at the same point, start by checking what exactly happens at that time in your timeline. Posting screenshots here might also help others to guess/ deduce what might be wrong.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Re mala onda el loco.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

had the same problem.

It happened at the same time, as an jpeg disappeared.

Long Story short :

After checking any kind of faults like fps, comp sizes and so on - I deleted positioning frames of that one jpeg.

And voila.

They were misinterpreted with words as value, instead of a number.

Perhaps this helps the AE World.

Bests

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error still exists. Encountered it during two projects of mine. 

It is usually a single element that you added that just doesn't sit with AE for some unkown reason. Find that layer/ element and remove it form the project. 

That is what worked for me. 

Adding this to the community in 2022.  Hope it helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this error recently I dont know any techincal stuff and the way fixed it is I just start to delete all the layers present at the frame it was giving the error and then when I deleted a 3D text layer it got fixed so I control+z all the deletes and just click the 3D checkbox on that layer in the timeline to make it a 2D layer, then made it a 3D layer again and the error was just fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines