Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to slide composition to the right on the timeline past a certain marker

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a composition that id like to move to the right on the timeline. However there appaears t be a market/indicator that prevents the Comp from moving past the point. 

I can move it t the left, and there is plenty of time available beyond the end of the comp to the right to allow me to do so. 

Does anyone know what i need to do to clear that marker (Im not sure what to look for or what it is called) 

(Please see video descrivbing this behaviour)

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select Layer 1, your problem nested comp, in the Project Panel and embed a screenshot showing the properties of the comp. Also, show us all the modified properties of the layer by pressing the 'u' key twice. This will reveal everything that is changed. 

What version of AE are you running. I just tried a pre-composed 3-hour comp, the maximum length for an AE comp, and you can still slide the nested comp anywhere you like in the main comp. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2021 Sep 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick,

Thanks for the trouble shooting tips. I managed to fix it by copying the comp onto a new layer and deletiung the old layer. But if it happens again I'll follow the tips to investigte it. The Version i was using was CC 18.4.1 (Build 4). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines