• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to use tools brush and stamp

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've a problem with these tools, brush and clone stamp. Although I select them my cursor doesn't change. It remains as arrow and does nothing.Screenshot 2021-04-30 at 12.37.48.png

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Paint tools dont't work in the composition panel. You must open the layer you want to paint by double clicking on them. The first time you try to use a paint tool over the composition panel, After Effects shows you a warning message saying that but probably you closed that window. As I tell to my students: READ ALL MESSAGES BEFORE CLICKING OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paint tools dont't work in the composition panel. You must open the layer you want to paint by double clicking on them. The first time you try to use a paint tool over the composition panel, After Effects shows you a warning message saying that but probably you closed that window. As I tell to my students: READ ALL MESSAGES BEFORE CLICKING OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are absolutely right. I had an older version which I think it doesn't work this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From version 6, that is what Adobe included the Paint Tools you MUST enter into the layer panel to paint, erase and clone. There are some plugins outside that lets you paint over the composition but not the native paint tools in AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines