Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Understanding loop (or not) with animations from After Effect

Participant ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I would like to know if it is possible, from After Effects, to "force" loop playback of an animation in every player (in mp4 format)
Or is it just at the initiative of the user who will have to put his player in "loop" position?

(My question may be very naive, but I don't understand why all the animations I see on the web are in loops, while the ones I create from After Effects only loop if I click on the "loop" option in this or that browser?)

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Animations on the web that are in loops are probably GIFs. You can render an mp4 and convert it to a gif using an online converter to get the same looping. It may lower the quality though. If you want it to be high quality, you may have to buy a software that can convert that type of thing well.

Oh, and I just remembered that AE can export GIFs in the render queue or AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animations on the web that are in loops are probably GIFs. You can render an mp4 and convert it to a gif using an online converter to get the same looping. It may lower the quality though. If you want it to be high quality, you may have to buy a software that can convert that type of thing well.

Oh, and I just remembered that AE can export GIFs in the render queue or AME.

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok I got it now. Indeed these on the Web are gifs. Thank you very much 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines