• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstalling Cinema once and for good?

Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I uninstalled Cinema many times already. Any idea why it keeps appearing in Windows? Will Cinema re-install after AE is updated? Is there any option to install AE and force to not install Cinema next to it? 

Thank you 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, cinema is installed with after effects.

<moved from download&install>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to use the C4D rendering engine, you must leave it alone. C4D lite is as much a part of After Effects as the CC effects and the Create Nulls From Paths script file. Delete them, and you lose functionality. 

If you are so short on drive space that just over a GB of space is going to hobble your system it might be time to think about a system upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not know I needed Cinema to run AE functions. If that is the case, I guess it is okay. My setup is quite good, It is not about running out of space. If it is not much trouble, would you specify what exactly I am using in Cinema when I run AE? 

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The C4D comp renderer willalways be there and simply install a bunch of files along with the auxiliary file loaders for C4D and OBJ files for instance and Cineware. As Rick already said, it is best to just leave those alone. The main C4D app could in theory simply be deleted/ trashed, but then you really must be 100% certain you never need it. Outside that there seems little point in trying to optimize this if you have enough resources. In this day and age disk space is not a concern and the plug-ins themselves don't consume any processing power until they are actually used, so getting rid of them would not yield any benefits.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines